Sourcing Specialist - #459722
Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing
A Sourcing Specialist is required to start as soon as possible. The role will be based from home and will pay c£20 per hour for a minimum of 6 months.
The client is a large pharmaceutical business based near Liverpool.
As the Sourcing Specialist you will report to the Regional Category Manager (North America), Global Sourcing Commercial Operations and will be responsible for:
- Compilation and leadership of the RFX/RFI (Request for Information/Request for Proposal) sourcing process
- Assessment of supplier qualifications
- Co-operation in the development of global procurement strategies for Commercial Operations (Sales & Marketing)
- Support Global Commercial Sourcing with contracting needs (preparing CDAs, routing contracts for signatures, etc.)
- Monitoring the current market situation and technological development related sub-categories
- Identifying the opportunities and risks of supply and demand
- Adherence to savings targets
- Preparation of regular project reports
- Negotiating the terms of contracts in partnership with Legal, Risk, Privacy, PV, etc.)
- Definition of KPIs for selected suppliers and negotiation of longer-term strategic contracts with the aim of reducing costs and improving service levels
The successful Sourcing Specialist will have:
- previously worked in the indirect procurement space - ESSENTIAL
- strong written & verbal communication skills - ESSENTIAL
- knowledge of the RFP - HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- MCIPS or working towards - HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- worked in commercial operations - DESIRABLE
- cross-country experience - DESIRABLE
This is a temporary role for a minimum of 6 months however an extension or a permanent opportunity may become available. The role is based in Speke and is to start as soon as possible paying c£20 per hour.