Library Advisor - #672488
- Employer: Knowsley Council
- Salary: £22,369 to £24,054 per annum pro-rata
- Location: Stockbridge Village Library, The Withens, Stockbridge Village, L28 1SU, Prescot Library, Aspinal Street, Prescot, Knowsley, L34 5GA, Page Moss Library, Stockbridge Lane, Huyton , Knowsley, L36 3SA, Kirkby Library, The Centre, Norwich Way, Kirkby, Knowsley , L32 8XY, Halewood Library, Roseheath Drive, Halewood, Liverpool, L26 9UH
- Contract: Permanent
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 18 hours per week. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
- DBS Check: No
- Closing Date: 11/06/2023 at 23:59
- Reference: CVP 0559c
Knowsley Library Service has branches in Huyton, Kirkby, Halewood, Prescot and Stockbridge Village. The service lends books and resources to customers, supports them with access to computers and information, and provides activities and groups to young people and adults.
We seek a highly-motivated person with public library experience to oversee and motivate a small team of library assistants in any of our branches. Duties include:
Providing direct customer service to our users including reader guidance and digital and online support.
Leading and developing our activities and groups.
Contributing to service promotion and audience development.
Stock management and display, and maintaining a safe and attractive library.
Regular completion of routine administrative tasks.
You will have a wide knowledge of reading, and proven experience of working in and supporting staff to deliver an effective library service. This is a hands on supervisory role overseeing a small team of library assistants, and being directly involved in the delivery and development of community activities and groups to a wide range of service users including children and older people. You will have experience of providing excellent customer service, good IT and organisational skills, and be confident providing help to customers who require online/digital support. A good understanding of the role public libraries play within communities is essential.
For informal enquries please contact: Dave Birchall at [email protected] or on Tel: 07824372240
Previous applicants need not apply.
How to apply
Please apply online by clicking the link below. Please note applications cannot be considered without the completion of the form in full
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume